Health and Safety Advisor
Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £30K - £35K plus excellent benefits
A large automotive company who manufacture Iron Casted Parts now require a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team.
Health and Safety Advisor - POSITION SUMMARY:
The Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) officer is responsible for the local design, implementation and coordination of all Health, Safety and Environmental programs for the Walsall factory.
The HSE Officer role is to assist the Group HSE manager to Develop and provide technical and administrative direction on all HSE decisions. Develop the Health and Safety management system, Environmental management system and ensure the foundry is legally compliant. The mission of the position is to ensure a safe environment for employees, visitors, etc. always.
Health and Safety Advisor - PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist in drafting and implementation of all statutory HSE systems, policies and procedures, objectives, targets, metrics & KPI's that focus on the prevention of incidents creating safe working environment for all employees, contractors and visitors of the Group always.
- Develop the sites HSE Management System.
- Carry out and support the team for the risk assessment and behavioural observations processes.
- To communicate with the regulatory offices (e.g. LA, HSE) as required. To ensure that the Company complies with environmental requirements always and maintains and/ or receives environmental standards (e.g. COSHH).
- Provide detailed competent advice and timely advice to managers on any HSE issues.
- Continually review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are up-to-date against the latest regulatory developments, continuously seek out and implement improvement opportunities.
- Accompany a project team in investigation of all incidents or accidents (recordable incidents, near miss and first aid) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted. Assist in development and implementation of corrective actions as it relates to the incident and ensure "lessons learned" are communicated and incorporated into the HSE program if necessary.
- To identify any HSE training requirements for employees. Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs or media which will increase efficiency of safe practices and promote and reinforce HSE culture.
- To implement and participate in the procurement of HSE equipment.
- To attend HSE meetings in line with statutory requirements.
- To ensure that the Company complies with environmental requirements always and maintains ISO status.
- To review and implement any other HSE laws and guidelines imposed by the Government and the European Community Government.
- Collect, validate and analyse data; evaluate implementation and assess results of H&S performance. Report findings to Managing Director and Group HSE Manager.
Health and Safety Advisor - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- NEBOSH General certificate in Health & Safety or Equivalent
- Ideally hold an Environmental Management Certificate such as NEBOSH, IEMA or CIEH
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76063158