We have TWO positions for a Catering Assistant based in Oswestry, Shropshire offering a salary of up to £15,990 FTE dependent on hours.
We are an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best possible staff to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
We currently have two exciting opportunities for a Catering Assistant to join our Eatery, Orangery Restaurant and Garden Cafe teams.
You will work as part of a team across the Hospitality and Catering outlets, preparing, cooking and serving of breakfasts, lunches and teas, prepare functions and serving customers.
The key role responsibilities of Catering Assistant:
- Contribute towards menu planning and development
- Preparation and cooking of meals
- General kitchen duties including cleaning and working within wash up areas
- Active involvement in team and contribution to development of programme area
- Supporting students / trainees on work experience placements as required
- Cover for other HCS outlet staff during periods of annual leave and sickness
- Be flexible to work in all areas of the food outlets and assist in internal and external events
- Have knowledge of and follow hygiene and food safety rules within a busy food environment
- Assist with ordering goods and administrative tasks where appropriate
- Assist with internal/external functions and events
- Person Specification:
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in food preparation and cooking
- Level 1 food hygiene certificate or equivalent
- Experience in food service as well as a kitchen environment
- Excellent team leading and organisational skills
- Enthusiasm and ability to work as part of a term or on own initiative
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities, final salary pension scheme, flexible working arrangements and continual professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76090642