Health and Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager required to join an award winning global engineering company. Employing over 30,000 people in 15 countries (14 sites in the UK alone), they offer fantastic opportunity for future progression.
The organization are seeking an experienced and passionate health and safety professional to join their large and challenging heavy manufacturing facility in Hereford. This is a single site role and a relocation package would be available to the right individual.
This is an opportunity to join a world leading manufacturer within a niche industry, who have an impressive client base, serving the aerospace, automotive, wind and power generation, oil and gas and defence sectors.
Initiates and co-ordinates programmes and activities for monitoring, reviewing and reporting the adequacy of company policy, systems and procedures for Health & Safety and risk management. Maintains company-wide surveillance of compliance with statutory regulations and takes steps to correct deviations. Advises and assists line management on matters of policy, interpretation and application in these fields.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager:
- To formulate and maintain the company health & safety and risk policies and manuals, consistent with company needs and requirements of legislation
- Keep abreast of all new legislation, updating the business on same and ensuring implementation of current, revised and new health & safety and risk measures
- To provide competent health and safety and risk advice to the management team
- Liaise with the HSE, representing the company in meetings, discussions and correspondence
- Contributing to the involvement of the workforce in health & safety and risk improvement
- Collecting, analysing and reporting on health & safety and risk data
- Deliver safety related training programmes
- Lead on the delivery of safety improvement plans
- Creation and communication of safe operating procedures
- Carry out accident and incident investigations, reporting on same
- Carry out site safety inspections, advise on possible hazards and develop programmes for improvements in accident prevention and safety measures to minimize or eliminate such hazards
- Maintain awareness of site legal duty and changes in relevant legislation
- Minimum of 5 years health and safety experience in a heavy manufacturing environment or similar
- Proven ability to engage and influence effectively at all levels
- Collaborative communication style, ability to win the trust and confidence through technical expertise and a flexible, supportive approach to problem solving
- Confident liaising working closely with HSE and other regulatory bodies
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Degree in a relevant engineering/similar subject matter desirable
In return, the role of Health and Safety Manager is paying between £50-55k, plus 5% employee contribution pension and employer up to 10%. Life assurance 4 x salary. BUPA and quarterly bonus’s.
Please apply now for your chance to be considered for this excellent opportunity.
Please note that regrettably due to a high volume of interest in the role we are unable to contact unsuccessful applications.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76125270