ATRF (Aggregate treatment & recycling facility) Foreman
Biffa PLC is currently on the lookout for an ATRF (Aggregate treatment & recycling facility) Foreman. The role holder will efficiently organise and supervise the operation of an aggregate treatment and recycling facility, ensuring health & safety and environmental compliance, whilst showing continuous improvement in productivity, plant availability and the requirements of sub-products produced in accordance with the site permits.
- Monitor and control all resource within the ATRF in terms of people and equipment, including stock control, maintaining a high level of housekeeping in all areas, to maximise operational productivities, plant availability and plant performance.
- Ensure productivity and availability exceeds minimum defined standards in terms
- of production and quality of the sub products generated during the process (sand, gravel, glass, and organics), whilst driving best practice and continuous improvement in cost control and processing operations.
- Control of the material which flows into and out of the process to ensure downtimes are minimised and control of the materials used in the treatment process.
- To provide accurate and detailed records of all plant operations, settings and stoppages and to attribute causes to all unplanned downtime.
- Keep abreast of changes to health & safety, environmental and employment legislation, implementing and ensuring compliance with all site licences, Company policies, processes and procedures.
- To support in cooperation with the management team in developing a programme of planned preventative maintenance, inspection and cleaning to minimise downtime and provide records of recurrent faulting.
- Analyse and review maintenance activities, cost-control, health & safety and service KPI's, implementing necessary corrective actions in the event of variance,
- Work within cross-divisional teams to provide integrated waste solutions using best practice and through continuous improvement.
NATURE AND SCOPE
•Fully responsible for daily operations of the Meece ATRF.
•Must have good man management skills and be able to stay focussed in a tough and demanding environment.
•All staff below indirectly report to the Foreman.
•Main role challenges are continuing focus on uptime and reliability of the plant. Ensuring H&S and legislative requirements and rules/policies are met and managing a high paced production plant.
•Can expect to interface with Snr Managers and Directors as well as external Governing Bodies.
•Minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English?
•CPCS mobile plant qualification or equivalent for operating a wheeled loading shovel
•2 years' experience as Process Supervisor or position of similar responsibility ideally in a green waste/water treatment process plant or similar
•Proven track record of working to clearly defined KPI's
•Proven track record of delivering continuous improvement within an operational environment
•Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical process environment.
•IT literate - comfortable using business software and systems
•Ability to influence and persuade people
•Ability to deal with conflict and negotiate / manage the appropriate outcome.
•Analytical with the ability to measure & monitor data
•and take appropriate corrective action
•Able to communicate at all levels, both in verbal & written form.
Here at Biffa, we have a friendly, open, honest culture that's based on mutual trust and respect. Safety is our number one priority and we look out for each other.
We're very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. We listen to our employees and we care about what our employees think. At Biffa, we encourage our people to take responsibility. You'll have a real opportunity to make a positive contribution to our business, our customers and to the communities in which we operate.
We're committed to helping our people fulfil their potential. You'll find many exciting opportunities and challenges with us and people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76045777