My client in the Building and Construction Services Sector are recruiting for a HR Manager to contribute to the achievement of strategic objectives, leading a team of HR Advisors who will provide expertise for a full range of human resources services, including employee relations, compensation, performance management, talent management, organisational planning, selection, retention and development to support managers and employees within a specific functional area.
The HR Manager acts as a trusted partner to the business by embedding human resources programs into day-to-day work and providing professional HR mentorship and support to internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to develop, direct and inspire a team of HR professionals
- Build strong and professional relationships with management teams
- HR lead on long term and complex projects including restructuring, union relationship and/or workforce planning.
- Lead the union relationship, building a solid relationship with both the shop stewards and outside official. Lead pay talks and responsible for collective agreements.
- Lead on complex casework (including Employment Tribunal claims), TUPE and acquisitions.
- Manage specific projects as determined in the HR planning process and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- HR Policy writer. Ensure effective governance of HR processes, practices, policies that reflect both global and statutory adherence.
- Collaborate effectively with the wider global HR team
- Facilitate change
- Demonstrate leadership competencies and values as well as encouraging a mentorship culture.
Skills and experience
- Leadership experience, ability to coach and develop others
- Excellent employment law knowledge
- Experience working successfully with Trade Unions and employee representatives
- Experience of delivering projects in a complex environment
- Experience of dealing with TUPE transfers and change management
- Experience delivering and embedding HR programmes
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between HR initiatives and business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent (competency based) interviewing ability
- Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people
- Driving license
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76101878