Gas Service Engineer - Level 1 - Hereford and surrounding areas
Do you need some Calor in your life?
We truly believe that Calor is a great company to work for. Investing in our people's skills and knowledge is hugely important to us, and we encourage flexibility and innovation in a supportive working environment.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. Our people allow us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
Gas Engineer (External Work) - Field Based - Hereford & Surrounding Areas
Up to a basic salary of £28,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Overtime + Company van + Pension + Healthcare
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
Calor Gas is looking to recruit a motivated and flexible Gas Engineer to join our field based Assets team, providing engineering services and emergency response to Calor customers in the area.
As a Gas Engineer, you will provide a first-class service to a varied range of domestic and commercial customers, undertaking a wide variety of tasks such as installation, breakdown repairs, inspection and maintenance of bulk LPG tanks, equipment and pipework in order to meet customer needs. The job role does not include the installation or servicing of gas appliances.
If you're looking for a change of direction within the gas industry, this is a great opportunity for an Engineer who is confident working on their own initiative on customer sites, and has a willingness to support other team members and colleagues.
Predominately working outdoors, key responsibilities will include:
- Participation in a standby rota to respond to gas emergencies out of normal working hours
- Participation in extensive travel in order to meet customer service standards for our largely rural customer base
- Ensuring customer services levels are met at all times
- Analyse performance and identify areas of improvement
The right person for us will be a customer focussed individual with experience of delivering great service to a variety of customers.
As such we would like you to
- Ideally have current ACS certification eg. CCN1 and hold an industry recognised qualification such as Plumbing SNVQ, NVQ or City & Guilds
- Ideally have an understanding of LPG and the installation and maintenance of bulk LPG tanks and cylinders - whilst previous experience of working with LPG tanks would be ideal, training and support will be given to the right individual
- Ideally have gas industry experience, although experience in a similar environment would be considered
- Ideally have relevant experience in providing installation and maintenance services to domestic and commercial gas customers
- Have an in depth knowledge of relevant legislation and industry standards, including Health and Safety awareness
- Appreciate the importance of and be able to follow procedures and instructions
- Demonstrate flexibility, participating in our standby rota
- Have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Be inquisitive, demonstrating innovative problem solving skills
- Demonstrate confidence in your own ability and be able to remain calm under pressure
- Be an excellent communicator and be able to build strong relationships with all customers and members of the team
- Demonstrate a positive and adaptable approach
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to explore, please apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76085425