Training Manager - Engineering
National Express operates bus services within three areas namely the West Midlands, Coventry and Dundee. We are the largest bus operator in these areas and one of the largest in the UK carrying over 1 million passengers every day. As well as bus services, we also operate The Metro link between Wolverhampton and Birmingham.
Everything we do is about attracting more happy passengers. We strive to keep everyone safe, if we can't do it safely, we don't do it. To do this we need the best people. We invest to attract, retain and develop the very best employees. This is where you join our team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Training Manager to support our Engineering function in all aspects of induction for new employees and ongoing training of current employees. This is a unique opportunity to join our company and be involved with the development of new starters and existing team members.
- Ensure that relevant, initial training is delivered to all new employees
- Supervise and monitor progression and achievement of learners in a timely manner
- Provide a full and comprehensive induction to all new employees
- Deliver a variety of internal training courses i.e. wheel fitment or manual handling
- Build and maintain ongoing relationship with Supervisors, Managers and other departments within the business
- Identify high quality training programmes and negotiate the best value for money arrangements with external training providers
- Lead on the Engineering Apprentice Scheme by supporting the recruitment processes
- Make sure compliance rules and regulations are followed when relevant documentation is completed
- Recognised engineering qualification at NVQ, or equivalent, to level 3 (or above)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in similar role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lead a team, coach and motivate others
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel & Word)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Full UK Driving Licence and flexibility to travel within the West Midlands region
- £33,000 annual salary
- 24 days annual leave
- Free Bus travel for you and your partner worth £678 per person
- Free Coach travel
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
You may also have previous experience in following: PCV Engineering, Engineering Management, Training.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76072452