Semi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer in Training
Staffline are recruiting for a Semi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer in Training to work with our prestigious food manufacturing client in Hordley.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide technical support in general engineering disciplines, excluding electrical
- Ensure high factory reliability is achieved by performing quality routine machine and plant maintenance
- Assist operations by building up, and stripping down production equipment
- Ensure optimum performance is achieved through effective and consistent setting of the production machine
- Meet the engineering standards across the group
In order to meet the above requirements you will be expected to:
- Participate in engineering focused activities in support of manufacturing plant and equipment performance KPI's
- Contribute to continuous improvement projects
- Support sites technical issue resolution and completion of improvement actions through good engineering practices and guidance.
- Deliver engineering KPI's to ensure visibility of supply engineering performance and required improvement for site.
- Identify and share best practice and contribute to raising awareness, improving performance and transitioning to a 'pro-active' engineering culture
- Ensure high standards of engineering workmanship across the site
- Contribute to the development of existing and new standards for key items of equipment and facilities
- Ensure high standards of safety practices across the business
- Actively seek self-development and complete your formal education program with an intention of becoming an engineering technician
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a background involving maintenance of a busy production line involving both mechanical and electrical machinery. The candidate will enjoy challenging, problem solving roles and be ideally suited to a fast paced environment. The candidate should have good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
The working hours are a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern working days and nights, salary is £18,000 per annum.
There is also late shift vacancy within the kill and boning hall section working Mon - Fri, basic hours 5pm - 1am however some overtime may be required (Salary TBC).
Please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76019140