Our client is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives. Their impressive range of services across England and Wales cover education, housing, support and wellbeing, substance misuse treatment and the prevention of reoffending. They advise and they speak out for and with disadvantaged young people and adults. They never give up
They are looking to employ an experienced Accountant in their Management Accounts team to deliver an outstanding financial reporting service to the business.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Commercial Business Partner for Housing and will participate in the production of financial forecasts and annual budgets .They will also support the Senior Finance Manager/Financial Controller with other Operational areas and Corporate Departments to drive rigorous financial performance leading to stronger financial sustainability and compliance with financial/relevant policies.
This is a fixed-term post initially for 6 months, working 35 hours per week plus a paid lunch break.
This role is created, to support an extremely busy time in the department due to business growth and the forthcoming implementation of a new finance system.
The successful candidate will have:
- CCAB Accountancy qualification/finalist
- Experience of working in a Housing Association environment would be an advantage.
- Substantial experience in budget setting, forecasting and delivering management accounts
- Strong MS Excel to intermediate level or above gained through experience
- Experience of statutory accounting and developing processes to support the production of the annual accounts
- Good knowledge of finance systems and reporting tools.
What they offer
- 28 days of annual leave per year (accruing one additional day per year up to five days), pro rata for part-time employees
- Paid lunch breaks, pro rata for part time employees
- Pension scheme and season ticket loan
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated working environment
If you're keen to make a real difference at the same time as expanding your career prospects, we would be delighted to hear from you. You can read more about the ways in which their work has changed lives on their website.
If this role interests you and you would like more information about applying, please copy and paste this link into your web browsers address bar: https://nae.evolution-system.com/. However the Guidant Group will also send this link to you in an email should you apply through this advert (please check your junk/spam folder).
Please apply at your earliest convenience as this position could close before the advert expiry date
Guidant Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Group is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76185285