This is an exciting opportunity for seven Operators to join our passionate and knowledgeable team. The successful candidates will assist in achieving all aspects of production, which will involve ensuring that our safety and quality standards are adhered to at all times.
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Operator you will;
- Ensure that you work within defined Environmental, Health & Safety procedures
- Promote a culture of excellence in customer service and ensure that every effort is made to achieve 100% delivery on time in full
- Ensure the processes at the end of shifts are left in agreed standards and prepared for the following shift
- Engage in daily communication with Team leaders & Supervisory management on EHS, quality and production targets, including end of shift KPI data collection
- Producing accurate work in line with order requirements within set procedures and H&S Standards
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit great people that align well with our values. We are particularly keen to meet people who share our passion for innovation and sustainability. For the Operator specifically it is important that you have:
- A flexible attitude towards work, and willingness to work in other production areas
- The ability to work in a clean and organised fashion, with good house keeping
- A good work ethic and attendance record
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be a good team player and communicate well with colleagues, team leaders and managers
- A high level of commitment, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- A highly self-motivated attitude and have the ability to work under own initiative
What about the business I’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Glassolutions - part of the Saint-Gobain group and is the largest processor, distributor, installer and repairer of glass and glazing systems in the UK; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Glassolutions is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Glassolutions or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
Salary – Up to £20,000 (including shift allowance), dependent on skills and experience.
Pension – We offer a competitive pension through Standard Life, if you contribute a minimum of 4% the Company will contribute 4%. In addition all employees receive Life Assurance cover.
Benefits – We offer a wide range of employee benefits including a Cycle To Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Saint-Gobain Share Schemes and Group Discounts to name a few…
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76124716