PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Responsibility for the quality and responsiveness of the Contract, delivering a full range of grounds maintenance services, ensuring the service is continuously improved, and the specification is met and exceeded.
- Horticultural grounds maintenance tasks at the contracted sites.
- Driving company vehicles and transporting plant, machinery and equipment.
- General maintenance of grounds e.g. Grass cutting, clearing of debris, leaves, litter, hedge and shrub trimming.
- Chemical and hand-weed control.
- Ensuring that all visited locations are left in a clean and tidy state.
- Maintenance of records relating to tasks performed, timesheets, materials, vehicles and equipment.
- Reporting any damage or vandalism to company vehicles or property to the Contract Manager/Team Manager.
- Maintenance of vehicles and machinery and reporting vehicles defects.
- Use of appropriate tools and equipment including the operation of powered hand tools, minor plant and machinery.
- Good communication skills.
- Resilience under pressure.
- Ability to work to laid down schedules.
- Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative.
- Excellent customer liaison skills together with a commitment to customer service.
- Enthusiasm, drive, ambition and commitment.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation and safety procedures.
- PA1/PA6 qualifications are desirable.
- A full driving licence with B+E and to be able to tow a trailer is preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of the use of chemicals (COSHH) and Health and Safety legislation is desirable.
- Obligation to adhere to safe working practices and ensure due consideration is given to the safety of the residents and the public.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76187545