HR Advisor – Local Merchant Group
- Are you looking to take the next level in your HR career with an , globally recognised brand?
- Do you want a career without boundaries?
- Is it important that you work for a company that encourages you to reach your full potential?
- How do you feel about being empowered and being given the autonomy to use your creativity and go out there and help drive the success of our function?
If your answers to the above are‘ joining the Local Merchant Group could be the right career move for you! Saint Gobain are one of the Top 100 Global Innovators and one of the 50 largest employers in the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join us as an HR Advisor. Could this be you?
What will I be doing in the role?
Reporting to the HR Director you will be working as part of the team to help achieve business objectives by supporting the management team and branch network by;
- Building and maintaining effective partnerships with key stakeholders across the business offering support and guidance to managers and employees in regards to complex employee relations.
- point of contact for all employees, for example, ensuring that payroll queries are resolved
- Proactive involvement in business and resource planning processes, to ensure HR input at initial and subsequent stages of business change
- Dealing with recruitment & selection procedures, ensuring hiring managers undertake processes in line with best practice policies
- Participating in the delivery of the company induction.
- Work with the broader team to collate and review market trends (salaries, working hours, reward and benefits) and to both understand the impact on the business and propose solutions which are appropriate to the particular circumstances without conflicting with other areas of the business
- Reporting and monitoring on relevant HR KPI’S to the individual brands
- Supporting with the integrating of future TUPE acquisitions into the business
- Lead by example - responsible for setting Saint-Gobain behaviours which are congruent with SGBD’s competency framework and principles in action.
- Ensuring the business remains compliant to all HR related Business controls and agreed best practice.
- To carry out any other duties as required and deemed reasonable by line management. This list is not exclusive - other reasonable duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the HR Advisor specifically it is important that you are:
- CIPD Qualified Level 5 or above so that you can hit the ground running (or working towards)
- Proven track record working in HR in complex (preferably multi-brand and multi-site) organisational environment
- Experience of working in a complex matrix organisation desirable
- Ability to work constructively with middle and senior managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work to multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to assimilate, analyse and present information
- Commercially aware
- Planning and organising
- Project Management Skills
- IT Literate with the ability to utilise and interpret data an HRMS system desirable (preferably PeopleSoft)
- In everything we do, we place our internal and external customers at the heart of everything we do. By priding ourselves on delivering excellent service offering.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us by emailingAGENCY?Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76188238