Best Interests Assessor
An exciting new role has become available for a Best Interest Assessor to join the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Team in Shropshire County Council.
The ideal candidate would have a qualified Best Interests Qualification and have relevant experience carrying out Best Interest Assessments. This Best Interests Assessor role is sessional and the pay rate is awarded per completed assessment. Further details can be discussed.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Best Interests Assessor:
- To comply with safe systems of work in accordance with the Directorate's Health, Safety and Welfare Policies and Procedures.
- To develop an understanding and awareness of issues related to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to demonstrate this in carrying out their duties
- To have responsibility for promoting continuing personal and professional / vocational development of self through development processes to ensure ongoing registration requirements are met including maintaining your BIA status.
- To make Adult Protection referrals if identifying the potential abuse of a vulnerable adult and where appropriate to conduct investigations into alleged abuse.
- To maintain records of work activities in accordance with approved Policies and Procedures, including the use of a computer system (e.g. CareFirst, ESCR).
Requirements for this social worker role:
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- HCPC Registered
- Enhanced DBS on the update service
- Social Work Qualification
- Completed ASYE
Please note: Unfortunately, due to the nature of the role, newly qualified social workers will not be considered at this stage.
This is a truly rewarding opportunity for a locum social worker to progress in their career. Closing date is Friday 29th September so please apply now to be considered!
If you're not looking for work but have a friend in mind who would be great candidate? Earn £250 from our referral scheme by alerting them to this position!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76194566