Our client has a unique opportunity available for a Production Engineer to join the team in Solihull close to J4 of the M42. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £30,000-£40,000 per annum depending on experience.
They grown rapidly in its first seven years of trading and now employs over 80 people. Based in Solihull/Birmingham, the company has been focussed on developing sophisticated and innovative software and hardware solutions for a variety of markets. Following the continued expansion of the business they are seeking an experienced engineer to develop and improve the production enviroment. Their diverse product range includes a mix of electronic assemblies, electro-mechanical systems and fully equipped cabins aimed at the construction market.
The Production Engineer will report to the Head of Engineering and will be responsible for developing and maintaining production equipment including test fixtures, CNC routers, pick & place SMD machines, selective soldering equipment, etc.
The company has a variety of machines, some new, some old. You will not be afraid to get your hands dirty, take machines apart, design replacement parts, etc. Very little documentation and support is available for some machines. This is a challenging role that requires an ability to reason from the information available rather than relying on detailed design information.
Your role will also include the design and development of production processes and supporting equipment such as test jigs, measurement equipment, etc.
The Production Engineer Role
The candidate will:
- Be highly self-motivated and flexible.
- Be responsible for the assembling/developing prototypes and test fixtures.
- Configuring CNC machines.
- Work closely with production to ensure that they understand how the products should be made.
- Support problem solving, root cause analysis and production queries.
- Ensure that engineering product defining data (drawings, CAD models, bill of materials, etc.) are stored and maintained effectively.
- Capture problems, lessons learned and continuous improvement ideas.
- Have a good understanding of electronics.
Production Engineer Experience
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Experience of industrial equipment machine architecture, e.g. interlocking, power supply systems, etc.
- General workshop competence (drilling, cutting, routing).
- General IT competence, ideally with Linux.
- Well organised and punctual.
Benefits and Remuneration
- Salary 30k-40k, depending on experience.
- Solihull location, close to J4 of the M42.
- Pension contributions.
- Varied work with plenty of opportunities to learn new technologies.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a driven and ambitious team of professionals as their Production Engineer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76084887