Traffic Planner - £20,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) + 28 days holidays + pension
PERMANENT - AM/PM shift pattern Monday ? Friday with alternate Saturday mornings
Client based in Worcestershire
My client is a well-established distribution, haulage and transport company based in Worcestershire, providing a wide range of logistic services nationally and internationally. They are a successful thriving company with a healthy turnover of around £10 million.
Due to their continual success, my client is seeking an experienced Traffic Planner to work within their dynamic team and to develop within their successful growing business. You will be expected to achieve high productivity and quality within time repair constraints, whilst adhering to company policies and procedures.
Excellent career progression based on performance also.
- Ensuring the best route for all vehicles and the department to meet customer specifications, timescales and company targets.
- Organising, allocating work and managing the co-ordination of the customer?s supply chain process, including distribution, logistics of the drivers and routes.
- Meeting weekly or monthly KPI?s set for the department.
- Maintaining and update the transport administration system.
- Planning all relevant customer deliveries utilising the software available on site.
- Ensuring all activities and delegated tasks are conducted cost effectively and efficiently, whilst remaining compliant with the company?s operator?s licence at all times.
- Providing excellent customer service and confirming a customer focused approach to planning and meeting the customer?s requirements.
- Supporting and advising drivers whilst en route and devise optimal routing of vehicles.
- Dealing with all customer or driver complaints effectively.
- Ensuring the drivers are working within legislative requirements and remain fully trained in relevant Health & Safety requirements of drivers and working regulations.
- Assisting with drivers reporting any mechanical faults, defects and breakdowns, liaise with workshop or national recovery.
- Liaising with drivers in relation to delays and possible issues with deliveries.
- Communicating daily with customers in relation to any possible delays or issues with deliveries.
- Sourcing local sub-contractors and drivers as and when required.
- Completing late load reports in line with operational requirements and deadlines.
- Conducting regular meetings including probation assessments and return to work interviews.
- Recording trailer information on all inbound/outbound deliveries and stand trailers.
- Experience of working in a busy transport/haulage office.
- Pallet network experience.
- Knowledge of driver?s hours, tachograph and working time directive legislations.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
- LGV licence, management qualifications, and professional CPC would be advantageous but not essential.
- IT literate.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of transport systems.
- Have an excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of transportation and logistics industry.
If you are seeking an exciting new opportunity to work for a strong successful company, please contact Michelle on ************ / ************ / ************************* who is solely working on this role. All information is kept within the strictest confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959229832