Accounts Assistant Part-time
About the Company: Our client is a well-established company based in Derby City Centre who are looking an Accounts Assistant to join the team on a temporary basis. There is opportunity for this position to become longer term / permanent. Candidates should ideally be available for an immediate start or with a short notice.
* Chasing overdue accounts by use of email and telephone to communicate to clients and obtain prompt payment, including correspondence relating to outstanding invoices and communication from clients.
* Performing accurate preparation of weekly bank runs for both cash and cheques. In addition to this, you will be using sage and excel to perform accurate allocations of all customer receipts, including electronic payments, cheques and cash.
* Processing Sales Invoices/Credits
* Month End Procedures
* Credit Checking
* Reconcile Supplier and expense Accounts.
* Handling supplier account queries in a professional timely manner, and liaising closely with both Purchasing Assistant to ensure the ledger runs smoothly.
* Creating new Supplier accounts and updating existing supplier information, including standing orders and direct debits.
* Build and develop relationships with new and existing suppliers.
* Previous experience working as an Accounts Administrator
* Experience in using SAGE is essential.
* Excellent IT skills with good knowledge of Excel, word and outlook.
* Ability to build and maintain strong supplier relationships.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
* Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
* Strong organisational skills
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
* Ideally you will have your own transport.
What's in it for you? This is a part-time position working Tuesday to Thursday (10:00am - 3:00pm) Salary will be around £8.50 per hour. There is opportunity for hours to increase.
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV to or telephone for further information.