We are recruiting for a leading Engineering Consultancy based in Leamington Spa who require a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team who come from a CNC machining background to support the business which is largely associated with transmissions for the automotive industry.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will provide definition and improvement of processes for low volume manufacture of high precision transmission products.
- Development of manufacturing process to achieve cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- Specification and design of tooling, fixturing and equipment to support defined manufacturing processes, including its procurement, commissioning and use.
- Training and development of other members of the team to ensure proper execution of the defined processes.
- Working with the production team to improve product quality.
- Continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes to reduce cost, improve quality and provide a high delivery performance.
- Liaison with the design authority to ensure correct understanding of intent and process requirements.
- Measuring and acting on key manufacturing process performance metrics.
Key Skills Required
- Rigorous approach to process control.
- Working as part of a team of specialist engineers to solve technical problems.
- Ability to work on own initiative to meet objectives.
- Project Management for small projects.
- Risk management.
- Problem solving.
- Good communication.
- Building relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- High level of PC and general computer skills.
The successful candidate is likely to be educated to degree standard in an Engineering discipline or be able to demonstrate equivalent learned knowledge in this area
Interested candidates should apply to this advert or contact Katharine Bignell for more information at Jonathan Lee.