An exciting opportunity has become available for fully qualified Bricklayers and a labourer to work for our client on an existing residential site in Shrewsbury. Our rates will be from £180 per day for the right bricklayers and £100 for the right labourers
* Skilled CSCS Card
* 2 x Working References
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Attention to detail
* Bricklaying Qualifications
* Experience with external works
- Lays building materials, such as brick, structural tile, and concrete cinder, glass, gypsum, and terra cotta block to construct or repair walls, partitions, arches, sewers, and other structures: Measures distance from reference points and marks guidelines on working surface to lay out work.
- Spreads soft bed of mortar that serves as base and binder for block, using trowel.
- Applies mortar to end of block and positions block in mortar bed.
- Taps block with trowel to level, align, and embed in mortar, allowing specified thickness of joint.
- Removes excess mortar from face of block, using trowel.
- Finishes mortar between brick with pointing tool or trowel.
- Breaks bricks to fit spaces too small for whole brick, using edge of trowel or brick hammer.
- Determines vertical and horizontal alignment of courses, using plumb bob, gaugeline, and level.
- Fastens brick or terra cotta veneer to face of structures, with tie wires embedded in mortar between bricks, or in anchor holes in veneer brick.
- May weld metal parts to steel structural members.
- May apply plaster to walls and ceiling, using trowel, to complete repair work.
- May be designated according to material used as Cinder-Block Mason; Concrete-Block Mason; Terra-Cotta Mason; or work performed as Bricklayer, Maintenance.
- When specializing in construction of specified structures, is designated according to specialty as Bricklayer, Sewer; Chimney Builder, Brick.
- May be designated: Block Setter, Gypsum; Hollow-Tile-Partition Erector; Plaster-Block Layer; Silo Erector.
Interested? Simply call Alex on for further info!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.