Packaging Engineer - Hortonwood, Telford, Shropshire
- Pension Scheme up to 12% employer contributions.
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary.
- Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme.
- 31 days holiday.
- Discounted Manchester United home game tickets.
- Discounted Epson products and consumables.
- Onsite occupational health, physiotherapist and counselling services.
- Company Sick Pay scheme.
- Free secure parking onsite.
The role of Packaging Engineer:
- Investigate, propose and apply continuous process improvements and ideas.
- Ensure the quality of all products leaving the process meet the Quality Standard.
- Support all associated departments in pursuit of quality improvements.
- Promote and support continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- To be fully conversant with all models and be able to give accurate and relevant engineering advice.
- Train relevant staff in the operation and safety aspects of the production lines.
- To maintain and continually improve the departmental productivity and machine efficiently targets and ensure all work is carried out to the required standard.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are available to meet the manufacturing requirements and maintained in the appropriate manner.
- To work with a team of technicians to ensure that all lines or equipment are operational and ensuring that all maintenance activities are achieved.
- Investigate component quality problems and liaise with the relevant departments.
- Make proposals for improving the production process to maximise efficiency and cost.
- Optimise the process for maximum productivity, efficiency and minimal environmental impact.
- Support technicians and operators to carry out work as directed.
- Monitor the operation of production line equipment, test and maintain.
The ideal Packaging Engineer:
- Qualified to ONC or equivalent.
- Ideally previous experience of Multivac production lines.
- Conveyor belts and labelling systems.
- Vacuum forming machinery.
- Up to 415volts.
Hours of work:
Monday – Thursday 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Friday 8.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76207909