Health and Safety Manager
Based in West Midlands
Job ref: JE/39908
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
We are working with a global manufacturer of high performance raw materials. These products have applications in a wide variety of specialist market sectors. As such our client offers their employees genuine longevity in the workplace and the real career progression opportunities you would expect to see from a worldwide organization which still maintaining a sense of camaraderie among coworkers.
They are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to be responsible for the establishment, review and maintenance of processes and procedures that ensure the Health, Safety systems are compliant with legal requirements and meet the standards of OHSAS 18001.
- Manage the administration of the QSE Management systems in compliance with OHSAS standards
- Co-ordinate and manage the internal audit programme including safety Gemba and job observations.
- Manage the health screening programme on site and liaise with HR as necessary
Manage and co-ordinate third party contractors to ensure the following systems are maintained:
- Fire alarms/smoke detectors/emergency lighting
- Dust monitoring of employees
- Occupational health monitoring
- First aid
- Monitor and maintain the contractor management system for site.
- Act as responsible person under Legionella legislation.
- Carry out and regularly review risk assessments.
- Ensure that site employees receive appropriate training related to Health and Safety. Identify suitable external training suppliers to fulfil this requirement
- Oversee the specification and procurement of Health & Safety related supplies e.g. PPE, first aid equipment
- Carry out safety inductions for employees, contractors and visitors
- Act as secretary to the site Health & Safety Committees
- Prepare reports on HSE subjects as required
- Complete weekly, monthly and annual data reporting in line with legislative and company requirements
- Monitor and review site safety programmes assessing effectiveness, compliance and suitability
- Participate in third party audits of the sites
- Actively participate in the implementation of sustainable improvement processes, such as 5S, Kaizen, Daily Management Control, Standard Work and Problem Solving.
- Leverage OE knowledge and tools to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure tracking, daily management and use of key performance indicators to promote improved operational and business results (Plan-Do-Check-Act).
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- The Candidate should be self-motivated, have a ?hands-on? approach and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, along with a strong technical acumen in the field of Health and Safety.
- The Candidate should be confident in working directly with colleagues at all levels, the Global EHS team, and directly with suppliers, customers, auditors and other external parties.
- A minimum of 5 years in a Health & Safety role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of minerals processing / chemical industries would be advantageous.
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate but ideally qualified to NEBOSH diploma level.
- Membership of IOSH would be an advantage. Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge and application of OHSAS 18001 management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written/interpersonal skills. Ability to translate requirements of ISO standards and legal requirements into easily understood communications.
- Ability to present/communicate information to management and employees, ensuring the ?message? is clear and understood.
- Good technical ability, able to root cause issues and solve problems, escalating issues as appropriate. A high level of initiative, adaptability and integrity.
- An ability to learn quickly, plan and organize. High level of accuracy and attention to detail. Good working knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel, and Email.
- Working in chemical / minerals processing environment. Occasional climbing, bending, kneeling and walking in an industrial plant setting.
- Must wear safety equipment as required.
- Willingness and availability to travel on a regular basis within the UK, and occasionally overseas.
To apply please contact Jane Edwards
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove has offices in Stratford-upon-Avon, Düsseldorf, Lyon, Barcelona, Milan,
Amsterdam, Malmö and Dubai
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY ? ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017 & 2018: Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas,
Fakuma, PlastMilan, Compounding World
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959227783