£25 - 28K
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
About the Company:
A local manufacturing company are looking to recruit a Toolroom Engineer.
Purpose of Role - Toolroom Engineer:
- To provide a comprehensive Toolroom service for the in house manufacture of new and replacement parts covering new projects (concept parts) and refurbishment of equipment across the site.
- To improve and standardise the design of new and existing jigs/fixtures and general equipment.
- To demonstrate a positive attitude for continuous improvement through Kaizan and 5s activity in order to reduce waste and duplication to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Communicate and report effectively to your supervisor the progress of all project work allocated to you. Ensure that any delays to project work that may threaten production, together with recovery proposals, are reported in a timely manner to your supervisor.
- Conform to Health and Safety requirements as it applies to the Company's operations.
- Ensure the Company's working procedures are adhered to as stated in the Company manuals, policies, contracts and handbook including compliance with SOX and other international standards.
- Implement projects via the use of SMART targets to pre-agreed time-plan.
Candidate requirements - Toolroom Engineer:
The ideal Toolroom Engineer must have the following skills, qualifications & experience:
- Degree in mechanical and/or production engineering.
- ONC/HNC in mechanical and/or production engineering.
- Toolroom Apprenticeship.
- Proven working experience within a toolroom environment.
- Good working knowledge of toolroom machinery to include; lathes, milling machines, surface grinding, cylindrical grinding and bench work.
- Capable of understanding complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to create engineering drawings with CAD software.
- Able to undertake a variety of tasks at one time without the need for supervision.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76168861