Our client is an established privately owned electronics business and is looking to recruit a qualified, enthusiastic, self motivated, dynamic Electronic Design Engineer to take a newly created key role in its design department.
Based in Redditch, Worcestershire, this job requires an outstanding individual who will be joining a thriving Business that is strategically reorganising to align its products within an expanding marketplace.
The Lead Engineer position will have the following responsibilities:
- Involvement in all technical engineering issues in Research and Development at a hands on practical level.
- To be the key interface with other departments on technical issues.
- Reviewing the designs of other engineers, identifying and resolving technical issues at formal gateways.
- Hands on electronics engineering design and development, including schematics, PCB layout and design verification.
- Leading ad hoc technical brainstorming to assist in the resolution of problem / aiding design.
- Providing technical engineering input into product roadmaps and specifications, where required.
- Mentoring and developing junior engineers in technical skills.
- Implementing product reliability improvements and cost reductions through a dialogue with quality and production.
- Assisting with the resolution of quality issues and field failures.
- Supporting recruitment activities with technical expertise.
To be considered for the Lead Engineer role you will have the following experience:
- Extensive board level electronics design of analogue and digital circuits
- Familiarity of embedded microprocessor designs
- Electronic CAD schematic and PCB layout design
- Designing for EMC and debugging of EMC approval issues
- Exposure to embedded software development
- Leading technical electronics design reviews
- Design verification testing and debugging of electronic circuits
- Dealing with the full product life cycle, including taking products into mass production.
Lead Engineer Benefits:
- 20 Days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Regular company events
If you feel you have the skills for their Lead Engineer position, please apply now.
Only applicants who are eligible to work in the UK need apply.