We're Recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join our team at Broderick House in Birmingham. You'll contribute to delivering an awesome Student Living experience through your provision of high quality repairs and maintenance.
iQ Student Accommodation is a leading private provider of student accommodation in the UK, with 54 properties compromising 23,500 beds in 25 locations across the country.
You'll be responsible for
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and required statutory testing
- Co-ordinating suppliers and contractors carrying out minor duties on site
- Ensure annual checks are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
You'll have experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter. Experience in supervising external contractors is also desirable, but not essential.
Are you a helpful person, with good communication skills, and a desire to ‘fix' maintenance problems? Do you have a flexible approach to work?
Does this sound like you? If so then click the Apply button, we want to hear from you.
N.B. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, which will include verification of your employment history and right to work in the UK, as well as checks against the US Treasury's Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and PEP (Politically Exposed Person) databases and a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76649795