Geometry Engineer / Automotive Exteriors Plastics
A specialist Tier 1 Organisation is seeking a Geometry Engineer / Automotive Exteriors Plastics to join their team. The company are responsible for Exterior Trim Components including Bumpers & Fascia / Body Panels & Spoilers / Closure Systems / Semi Structure Components.
- Validate datum scheme, stack-ups and tolerances calculated by the EPM / DL
- Support tolerance commitment negotiation
- Ensure metier improvement for methodologies, geometry know how
- Validate tolerance commitment in RFQ with PLE
- Validate measurement scenario in accordance with customer expectation
- Validate the content of the Geometry Folder created by the Design Leader or the EPM
- Lead the Geometry Folder definition for complex and innovative projects
- Estimate the budget (hours + costs) needed on global geometry scenario to ensure convergence on a
project and submit to his Manager for validation
- Support project when negotiating the feasibilities for tolerances
- Participate on measurements and analysis
- Develop and Update the tools related to geometry in a project from J1 to J7 (Geometry Folder,
tolerance tool, capability tools)
- Train EPM / DL / STA / SPM on tolerance definition and stack-ups with PO tools
- Ensure that the tools and methodology are used correctly within the projects
- Consolidate the dimensional production capabilities from the plant to improve tolerance calculation
- Bachelor with experience or Master?s degree
- Minimum 5 years of significant experience in geometry field in direct contact with customer, practice of interface job between product & process department.
If you feel you have the required skills, then please get in contact with Mihaela Rebenciuc at Contechs today.
Given the high volume of positions, if you have not heard from us within 5 days of your application then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959227819