INTERIM TRANSACTIONS/PURCHASE LEDGER MANAGER, £175-250 PER DAY, BIRMINGHAM
Your new company
A large public sector organisation are looking to recruit a Transactions Manager on a temporary basis (4 months plus, could be longer)
Your new role
You will be managing a large team of transnational process staff carrying out part of a Purchase ledger function around various different payments and comparing charges per the various systems in place to invoices received. You will ensure work is allocated to staff equitably and actions are taken in a timely way to move queries through the system. As a transactions manager you will be identifying, investigating and solving issues/bottlenecks as they arise to ensure invoice processing targets are met (pay invoices within 30 days of receipt).You will be utilising current reports to keep work flows to a minimum; balancing resources to meet changing demands and priorities across 20+ clients. You will also be supporting the Finance Services Manager in dealing with staff performance issues and 121's and staff development.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have experience of managing a large team effectively
- Managed teams through change successfully
- Handle crisis situations calmly and effectively (e.g. irate suppliers/process failure)
- Have experience of operating in a target driven environment and thrives on this.
- Excellent at building internal and external client relationships ,being able to persuade and influence key stakeholders
What you'll get in return
A competitive/flexible daily rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.