Requirements & Quality Lead Engineer - 33327 - up to £2541/hr
Title: Requirements and Quality Lead Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
A Requirements & Quality Lead Engineer is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire. This is a long term contract until at leadt March 2018 and is subject to annual renewal.
Suspension System Tuning (SST) leads the design, development and delivery of those Chassis systems that significantly contribute to JLR`s vehicle dynamics performance whilst delivering customer comfort systems.
SST are responsible for active suspension systems, which include Active Roll Control, Adaptive Damping and Air Suspension, and passive suspension systems, such as dampers, roll bars and springs. eARC (Electric Active Roll Control) is a new technology under development at JLR. The system replaces JLR's existing hydraulic ARC technology and is required to significantly improve energy and hence CO2 consumption.
A systems engineering approach is being used to deliver the system. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the requirement capture from attribute stakeholders, including i. JLR Standards. ii. ISO Standards. iii. Legislative requirements.
- Be responsible for the capturing and management of attribute targets.
- Be responsible for the construction of system targets from attribute targets.
- Be responsible for Quality / Failure Mode Avoidance activities including ownership of dFMEA.
As Requirements and Quality Lead Engineer your role is pivotal in the capture and management of the attribute teams` requirements and cascade of their targets into system level requirements using JLR internal tools.
You will have experience in requirements capture and management for complex mechatronic systems and will be a quality focused team member. You will have experience of both the automotive industry standard quality tools and the JLR Failure Mode Avoidance processes, specifically for Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Six Sigma and 8D problem solving."
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
Systems Engineering and Requirement CapturingDemonstrated Failure mode avoidance ExperienceDemonstrated competence in reviewing engineering drawings and CAD models.
In this role you will need:
- Experience and knowledge of systems engineering principles.
- A proven understanding of the requirement capture process.
- A proven ability to convert functional targets into SI unit targets.
- A proven ability to cascade clear functional requirements at a component / module level.
- A proven ability of adhering to JLR FMA methods.
- Previous experience of problem-solving tools such as root cause analysis and the 8D problem solving tools.
- To be ENOVIA FMEA Trained.
- DOORS experience. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role.
Experience in Systems Engineering
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW. For more information contact Lois Weston on *********** or email .
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959232752