We are Advanced
We are one of the UK’s largest and most successful software companies. Our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses, charities and public sector organisations, powering their key services and functions. Driven by the millions of people who interact with our products every day in hospitals, schools, transport providers, sports clubs and a wide range of instantly recognisable brands, in our 10-year history we’ve already grown phenomenally quickly to more than 2,000 staff serving 20,000 customers across the UK.
Having been through one of the UK’s largest business transformation projects in 2016 in order to establish a platform from which we can grow efficiently, the next stage of our growth will involve a range of M&A activity.
The Team and Role
As we continue our transformational and growth journey, we are looking for a Corporate Development Analyst to join our Corporate Development team. In this role you will be responsible for researching the market, and presenting findings and suggestions for specific acquisition prospects. You will analyse potential new strategic acquisition opportunities, and identify and comprehend transactions and competencies as well as present findings to senior management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide robust financial analysis, modelling and presentations that address:
o Valuation: Discounted Cash Flow, Trading and Transaction comparable analysis;
o P&L Impact: Forecast future performance of the entity, and impact of revenue and cost synergies;
o Accretion / Dilution: Estimate impact of acquisitions on operating margins;
- Working alongside senior team members on the transaction spectrum; modelling / financial analysis / industry research
- Researching, prospecting, and preparing customized presentations for business executive teams to use in negotiation meetings.
- Assemble reports on market sizing, growth and competitive dynamics
- Create insights by analysing industry analyst reports and strategic moves of competitors / potential targets.
- Contacting prospective targets and arranging appointments for prospective businesses to meet with corporate leadership and senior management.
Knowledge and Experience:
We’re interested in speaking with smart, ambitious individuals with some previous M&A experience, gained in a relevant environment most likely in an investment bank or leading accountancy practice corporate finance department.
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Prior experience in strategic finance, corporate development or investment banking
- Strong background in finance and accounting;
- Strong proficiency in financial modelling and analyses;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good judgment, particularly in valuation matters, with strong analytic skills; particularly DCFs and LBOs
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute strategic initiatives
- Strong negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills
- Good understanding of due diligence, a familiarity with fundamental company acquisitions strategies, and knowledge of merger processes.
- A passion for analytics and the insights realized from processing raw information and data, and possess strong research, analytical modelling, and technical skills.
We offer an unrivalled personal development & career acceleration environment, and are committed to hiring for potential and developing our people at pace. As well as continuous personal development, when you join the team, you will also benefit from:
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest-growing tech companies
Advanced is an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. We accept and consider applications from all academic and professional backgrounds.