Principal Electrical Powertrain Engineer
Principal Electrical Powertrain Engineer - Electric Vehicle - Coventry - £ DOE
Overview of the role:
To enable the development of a new and highly innovative EV programme, working from a blank page concept to an outstanding design, this is an exceptional opportunity for engineers to turn their ideas into reality.
We have a fantastic opportunity available for a Principal Electrical Powertrain Engineer to work on this Concept EV project which is sponsored by a leading vehicle manufacturing organisation. This role is to provide specialist technical leadership in the field of electric powertrain design including electric machines, power electronics, control strategies and batteries.
The Principal Electrical Powertrain Engineer will be responsible for leading a team of engineers to define, develop and deliver this programme. They will report directly to the Chief Engineer, work closely with the other engineering functions, SMT, procurement, manufacturing and external suppliers to design and develop this EV from concept to production to meet time, cost and specification requirements.
- To design and develop key areas of electric powertrains.
- Provide technical leadership in electric powertrain design. Including the areas of electric machines, power electronics, control strategies and batteries.
- Selection of system components through knowledge of interaction and characteristics.
- To represent our client as a credible authority on electric vehicles with current and future collaborative partners.
- Ensure design for manufacture to support cost-effective production.
- To have the vision to be able to propose where enhanced research in system areas could lead to performance gains.
Skills & Experience required:
- Honours Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Specialised knowledge of at least one component of either electric machines, power electronics, control or battery technology. With an appreciation of all components and the interaction between them.
- Successful track record of strong leadership with the ability to influence and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
- Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with cross-functional teams and other business functions.
- Ability to demonstrate an innovative approach in to the product design, allowing new technologies to be implemented.
Suitably qualified and experienced Engineers should apply today by either calling Paul Robson on ****************** or by emailing their CV and covering letter
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959231006