Autism specialists required in 'Good' Derby Primary ER School
Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of an enhanced resource 'Good' primary school in the Mackworth area of Derby (DE22). We are looking to recruit candidates with extensive experience working with Autism and challenging behaviour as the school have a full time and part time vacancy starting as soon as possible.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
- Extensive experience supporting children on the Autistic spectrum, including those with challenging behaviour and communication difficulties.
- Level 3 Childcare qualification or equivalent
- Training and/or experience using Makaton, PECS and other forms of communication aids for students with impaired communication
- Confidence to liaise with multi-disciplinary teams including school staff, parents, Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the EYFS and KS1 curriculum
- This school is a 'Good' infant school which has 20 children with Autism in their enhance resource unit, which is then split into ability groups of 'low functioning' and 'high functioning' Autism
The children are in Early Years through to Year 2 and you will be expected to work with all age ranges.The school is based in Mackworth, Derby and has excellent resources for the children including a large playing field, outdoor recreational equipment and a sensory garden. The school is also merging with the Junior School in January so there will be opportunity to work with KS2 children as well.
For additional information, please contact Emma Gale as soon as possible. All candidates are subject to a DBS check and it is now mandatory for all candidates to register onto the Update Service at an additional annual cost of £13.