Based in Midlands
Job ref: CST/39665
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a leading automotive component manufacturer that is enjoying good levels of growth as a result of new business and continued investment. This a key senior leadership role that requires a positive, encouraging and mentoring style of management to foster a ?continuous improvement? culture.
The company is looking for a Production Director who can take the factory to its next stage of development through communication of the vision to the team, mentoring their development and further application of lean manufacturing techniques. Experience of change management and achieving success through a people centric management style in a fast paced, demanding and technical manufacturing environment is essential.
- Lead, direct and mentor the team to achieve all performance targets, continuous improvement, financial and people development objectives
- Develop an effective cross functional team through a collaborative and encouraging management style to maintain high levels of operational performance and commitment to continuous improvement
- Budgetary responsibility for manufacturing costs, managing resources and expenditure to achieve the budget plan
- Work with quality to ensure that the operations team comply with the Quality Management System and consistently follow quality procedures
- Ensure that the team has the training and motivation to achieve its quality and delivery requirements and take appropriate action to recover shortfalls without customer impact
- Ensure that the operations leadership team understands and ?buys into? the C.I. philosophy, conducting regular team meetings to identify improvements and manage the introduction of new initiatives
- Lead problem solving activities using root cause analysis, problem re-creation, containment and countermeasure confirmation. Develop the skills of team members to apply these tools
- Encourage the flow of ideas from team members and champion the introduction of new initiatives that will benefit the business
- Develop direct reports to be effective leaders of their teams and make best use of their support functions
- Maintain a continuous proactive safety and environmental improvement action plan
- Develop business plans for manning levels, budget controls, capital Investment requirements, resource and skill requirements to meet the developing needs of the company
- Mentoring and encouraging management style
- Leads by example
- Has humility but will also hold team members to account by setting high objectives
- Team player as well as the leader
- Inspire team members to reach their potential
- Outstanding inter-personal and communication skills
- Prepared to take tough decisions always for the benefit of the company and its employees
- High level of communication skills inspiring the team to achieve
- Sets out and continually reinforces the vision for the factory gaining team buy-in
- Tenacity, resilience, a positive disposition, a ?can do? attitude, assertiveness and a high degree of determination to succeed
Skills & Experience:
- Manufacturing leadership experience within the automotive industry
- Evidence of building a continuous improvement culture
- A leader that inspires people to follow
- Strong financial aptitude
- Hands-on knowledge and experience of modern lean manufacturing tools
- Positive and inspirational people management skills
- Ideally degree educated in Engineering or Manufacturing
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to ***************************.
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY ? ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2017: Arabplast, JEC World, European Coatings Show, Plastteknik, Interpack, Moulding Expo, fip Solutions, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest ?
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959227852