My client, one of Europe's leading industrial service providers with over 200 service centres nationwide, are recruiting for an Sales Engineer to help develop and drive their Fluid power products division in the Midlands. Following a period of consistent and sustainable growth, my client has strategic plans for further expand and are committed to developing and nurturing talent and the future workforce.
The Sales Engineer will play an essential role in a highly customer-facing role within their fluid power division, with prime responsibility to work with and support the technical sales and business development function. You will be a key part in the development, specification and delivery of fluid power (with a heavy emphasis on hoses) solutions, products and systems. Engineers with either hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge experience will be considered.
Within the role the Sales Engineer will be expected to;
- Achieve targets in line with company strategy to achieve annual sales growth and profit targets. Meet appropriate KPI performance metrics as defined by the Business Development Manager
- Actively seek and develop new customer accounts in line with the new customer accounts
- Engage and respond to the regional sales organisation to provide customer focused and technical application support
- Attend regular sales team meetings and share best practice within the region
- Actively support regional sales growth and objectives through regular reviewing of performance data, market intelligence and white-spot reports
- Contribute to the regional customer lifecycle by increasing and improving opportunities with existing business partnerships and pro-actively targeting and developing new business in both MRO and OEM markets
- Contribute positively to customer satisfaction and provide additional support in managing customer complaints
- Establish and develop relationships with key customers within the Region
- Support the Business Development Manager in the preparation and delivery of management information within required deadlines to include regular forecasts of sales and reports
- Actively promote the company and present at external customer meetings, exhibitions and sales events
- Develop with the Business Development Manager, key customer account development plans
- Ensure programme and culture of continuous improvement
The successful Sales Engineer will ideally have;
- Strong experience in a business development or management environment in a demanding, customer facing industrial environment.
- Specific knowledge of hose products and solutions is essential
- Excellent, in-depth knowledge of Hydraulic or Pneumatic and systems is essential
- Supplier selection, management and monitoring, price and terms negotiation experience
- Ability to provide regular forecasts of sales and profitability
The following package is available to the successful Sales Engineer;
- £37,000 - £42,000 basic salary (DOE)
- Company Car
- Competitive Benefits
Gleeson engineering and Manufacturing is a specialist recruiter of management professionals on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.
To apply for the Sales Engineer position, please click on the 'apply now' button and your CV will be sent directly to Tom Turner. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76274809