Merchant Trainee - Jewson - Stafford
An excellent opportunity to join a successful National General Builders Merchant and take the first steps in understanding the merchant trade. In this role you will assist customers with their enquiries face to face and over the telephone. You will also help with branch presentation and in other areas of the branch when required to ensure that excellent standards of customer service are delivered at all times. IT and product training will be reinforced through hands on day to day experience at the branch.
A positive enthusiastic attitude and the desire to build customers relationships is a key requirement of this role.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Desired
- Previous sales/customer service experience
- PC Literate
Key Results Areas
- General Housekeeping of shop area to include maintenance of; shop layout (including entrance), stock promotions, equipment in working order etc. Full details to be supplied by Branch Manager.
- Carry out cash and account transactions, refunds and till processes accurately and in accordance with branch procedures.
- Place direct and ex-yard sales orders and organise delivery times when required
- Ensure all housekeeping is maintained, inclusive of replenishment of stock
- Ensure product special offers are displayed appropriately
- Participate in stock take duties as required
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures (HR, Health & Safety, Business Controls, etc)
- Undertake duties in a manner compliant with the Company’s Core Values- Personalised, Knowledgeable and Efficient satisfactory manner.
What are the benefits?
On top of a very rewarding career with a company that will always be committed to your development, you can look forward to a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, share scheme, company pension scheme, life assurance, staff discounts and various flexible benefits.
If you have any questions please get in touch with us by emailing
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76324630