Pre-Sales Project Manager
Pre-Sales Project Manager
Location - Rugby
Salary - £43,000 £53,000
The department is made up of 7 people with skills and experience ranging across the whole of mobile telecommunications including both bid and project focused roles.
Responsible for providing high quality Project Management content in all types of tender responses. You will also manage the delivery of small/medium scale bids, projects and/or work packages that require co-ordination and management.
As our Pre-Sales Project Manager you will have a core focus within pre-sales for project management expertise in the field of communications and complex IT solutions to be used in bids and development of products for market.
You will contribute as a Subject Matter Expert for project management to bid responses, taking responsibility for the drafting of appropriate sections and describing the Project Management techniques, methods and processes to be employed in all phases of the delivery of the proposed solution.
You will drive, measure, monitor and provide controls throughout the lifecycle of projects, associated with pre-sales activities. You will also provide project progress reporting against the delivery of all key project milestones.
When acting as our Bid Manager you will ensure that the customer's specific requirements for bids are met at the same time as promoting the use of techniques such as the use of win themes and will carefully consider strategies such as ghosting to ensure this is appropriate.
As our Pre-Sales Project Manager, your key responsibilities, accountabilities and tasks will include you:
• Provide Project Management answers for all types of tender response as part of the bid process
• Perform project definition, planning key stages and interdependencies to ensure risks are captured, owned and actively managed and appropriately reflected in internal risk
registers and within bid responses. And as required, provide accurate and timely management information
• Act with a reasonable degree of autonomy and demonstrate basic commercial judgement
• Matrix-manage a team of company personnel and Suppliers that leads to successful planning and delivery of projects that can be incorporated in bid responses.
• Analyse project requirements to build appropriate organisation plans and approaches to solution delivery which can be included in bid responses
• Plan the project in sufficient detail, producing project documentation to the appropriate level to enable accurate costing for bidding purposes and inclusion in bid documentation
• Identify, define and assess issues that impact on the delivery and development of a solution.
• Manage the reporting and communication with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that progress and escalations are reported appropriately
• Manage the production and timely submission of bids to the highest standards
• Production of bid schedules. Track Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies
• Liaise with the sales, finance and pricing teams to ensure timely completion of the commercial sections of the tender
• Develop a winning proposal strategy in consultation with the sales organisation and internal subject matter experts
Degree or relevant qualification in a technical and/or business discipline
Project Management Qualification to Practitioner Level (Prince 2 /
Post-Sales Project Management experience in the delivery of
Communications systems and/or complex IT Solutions
Salary £43,000 - £53,000 + Annual Incentive Plan - 20% of basic salary/Car Lease/ Medical Insurance