Web Content & Social Media Manager (12 month FTC)
- Growing digital team.
- Friendly culture.
An exciting non-profit organisation is looking for a pro-active and self-sufficient content manager with strong social media skills, to take the lead in editing their website and managing their social media presence.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting into the company’s CEO, you will take ownership of the website and the content going onto it, which you will receive from various sources. What’s exciting is that a new website is being developed, with a go-live date scheduled for 2018. This means a key part of your role when you start will be to assess the content already in place and revise it for the new site, whilst planning and managing the overarching content calendar.
In addition to creating original, audience-relevant content, you will brief and manage contributors and agencies and use Google Analytics to monitor the performance of the web content. The insights gathered from this analysis will be used to shape your decisions on future content.
On the social media side, your role will involve managing the existing channels, planning the content requirements and generating this content for them. You will also produce monthly reports on key performance stats and have the opportunity to run ad campaigns.
Alongside your day-to-day tasks you will keep abreast of industry trends and developments, as well as actively seeking out opportunities to work with related organisations through syndicating content.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Experience of working with a CMS (ideally Wordpress).
- Experience of owning a content calendar and managing content production and publishing (including tagging and basic HTML).
- Experience of working with/ managing contributors and agencies.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Ability to edit images using tools such as Photoshop.
- Experience of using Google Analytics to analyse content and campaign performance.
- Experience of managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
- Community management experience preferable.
- A genuine interest in new and emerging digital trends.
- The ability to work independently.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
A competitive salary of £30-35k is on offer, alongside a fantastic holiday allowance of 28 days, excluding bank holidays, and a contributory pension scheme. This role also allows for part-time remote working.
Send through your CV and get in touch with Rina for further details!