Automatic Door & Gate Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced Auto Door and Gate Automation Engineer who is required to install, service and repair a variety of automatic door and entrance systems. A proven background of working within the industry as the successful applicant will undertake reactive and planned maintenance visits across a wide variety of commercial sites in the UK. Ideally the successful candidate will live in the Midlands to provide nationwide cover to our portfolio of blue chip clients. The applicant must be able to work alone or as part of team and possess a strong customer focus as role would be the first point of contact with clients on site. Responsibilities include various related engineering duties, including aspects of Installation, Repair, Commissioning, Maintenance etc.
Main Duties and Tasks:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain door and roller shutters equipment using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose door/component failure, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair roller shutters/sectional/personnel doors.
- IPAF/PASMA preferred.
- You will need to be an experienced Electro-Mechanical engineer with strong engineering skill set.
- Experience within the Gate Automation / Automated Gates sector is a must.
- Experienced in installation, service and maintenance.
- The position will also entail working on systems such as bollards and barriers.
- You will be trained to also work on CCTV and Access Control Systems.
- It would be beneficial for you to have welding experience.
- Electrical Qualification City and Guilds 17th Edition or equivalent is essential.
- Applicants MUST hold current BS7036/EN16005 training certificates and be able to work with a wide range of related industry products and systems.
- Related experience in shutters, gates, grills and security barriers would also be an advantage.
Full clean driving licence preferred.
Monday to Friday however, overtime is available. Successful applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be prepared to work in evenings and weekends.
£14.00 to £16.00 per hour dependent on experience, a company van and mobile phone will be provided.
Please send in your CV for consideration to this excellent opportunity.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE