Junior Data Analyst
The successful candidate will join an established team of highly skilled and well educated mathematical science professionals, dedicated to managing and modelling complex data. The opportunity will provide a platform to gain valuable skills and insight into how analytics can optimise and model business strategy across Risk, Pricing & Marketing functions.
For success in this role you’ll need an exceptional numerical background having achieved at least a 2; 1 degree qualification in mathematical sciences complemented by a well-rounded understanding of relevant data tools (including advanced MS Excel). Further academic studies to MSc will be highly advantageous (yet not essential) as would any commercial experience gained via industrial placement year in a data driven role.
Commercially driven, graduates will need to apply strong analytical logic and reasoning to how a problem can be solved and the ability to communicate such outputs to a less analytical / technical audience is key.
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Operational Research at 2:1 or above with A Level Maths at Grade A or above and excellent supporting grades - essential
- Experienced in the use of relevant MS software packages (primarily Excel) - essential
- Ability to demonstrate evidence of spread sheet modelling and data manipulation (commercial or academic - essential)
- Additionally, technical capability using analytical reporting tools (SAS, SPSS, Matlab, SQL VBA etc.) - advantageous
- Experienced in data interpretation and the ability to work accurately.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build trusting relations with multiple business areas
- Be expected to identify and pursue opportunities that enhance the profitability and sustainability of the business and improve commercial optimisation
- Strong team player with the ability to embrace and challenge business thinking through mathematical and analytical reasoning
- Capacity for hard work in a rewarding and highly vibrant working environment
In return, you’ll receive significant development opportunities, (technical and commercial) along with a competitive remuneration.
Apply now for further interview & job details.
**All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without restriction**