End User Engineer Permanent
The End User Service Engineering function is responsible for ensuring that all business IT used by our colleagues across the business within our office network is fit for purpose and that our colleagues understand how to get the most out of the IT they use on a day to day basis.
The role is based in Birmingham and will require occasional travel to other offices primarily in the UK to assist / back-fill other EUS Engineer colleagues, and participate in a range of projects as required.
Working with end users the EUS Engineer will diagnose, log and resolve support issues across user devices and a range of software applications. Devices include desktop & laptop PCs and Macs, thin client devices, telephony (desktop & mobile), tablet devices, printing and video-conferencing equipment.
The EUS Engineer will work on a range of end user facing projects as required, working on and including new technology implementations; office moves and large scale software and hardware roll outs across the business.
The EUS Engineer Develop and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders.
Business continuity responsibility for relevant area(s)
- Respond to hardware and software break/fix service calls and ensure equipment is fixed within the agreed Service Levels
- Installing configuring and managing all end user IT equipment
- Adhering to SLAs and updating users on ticket status
- Build and maintain relationships with key business and operational stakeholders within the given region/functions.
- Operationally responsible for the service of your area(s)
- Provide regular reports on performance and achievements to a variety of stakeholders
- Conduct service reviews for your area
- Participate in Incident Management activities
- Serve as a point of escalation for the given area
- Run lunch and learn / PC clinic sessions to improve communication around IT
- Coordination of office moves and carrying out IT elements
- Ticket trending and SIP development
- Project representation
- Execution of BCP testing
- Hardware / Software asset management
- Active directory ownership for EUS users / devices
- Evaluating and testing new platforms and software as required
- Extensive technical expertise and experience of providing deployment, support and maintenance for end user devices and software on the following platforms:
- Windows PCs & laptops
- Windows end user software
- End user telephony
- Technical expertise in and extensive experience of providing deployment, support and maintenance in the following areas:
- Active directory
- Hardware break fix
- User profiles
- Mobile telephony
- Strong customer facing & communication skills
- Ability to logically troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Experience of providing deployment, support and maintenance for end user devices and software on the following platforms:
- Mac PCs & laptops
- Mac end user software
- Tablet devices
- Thin client devices
- Video conferencing devices
- Relevant desktop based accreditations (MCP etc.)
- Experience with scripting tools
The business is continuously evolving and Group Information Technology is embarking on an exciting and truly global IT Transformation programme to support our business ambitions. We are improving the way we work and serve clients by investing in the efficiency and effectiveness of our people, systems and processes. Our objective is to remain agile, drive innovation and improve the value we bring.
We are a global IT organisation made up of around 650 colleagues world-wide. A large number of our teams are based in the UK - in our London City head office and further offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol. Other teams are based in key regional hubs in the world's high growth economies, such as Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sidney and Toronto to better meet the needs of local and multi-national clients and trading partners. We procure, develop, run and manage best-in-class IT solutions and services to support business activities. We place our customers at the heart of all technology we buy or build. We partner with colleagues in the businesses to provide them with the solutions to deliver industry leading services to our blue-chip clients.
As you would expect from a company , we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
We aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.