Managing Director - Media Agency
Do you want to take a leading role in one of the largest independent integrated agencies in the Midlands and across the UK?
This Managing Director role will help lead the UK and global clients with class-leading strategy, client servicing and commercial acumen but more importantly be responsible for the leadership and decision-making of an already well established and award winning integrated agency.
This is a unique role in a very ambitious agency - requiring a self-starter with high-level business experience who can strategically lead and stretch a business and make key decisions that will have a positive impact.
The right person will help lead an ambitious board level team whilst driving the direction and management of the wider agency marketing across the agency. They will have strong agency experience.
They will drive client relationships to 'most valued business status’ - championing client servicing across all teams that they come into contact with. They will drive the volume and quality of creative, data, media and content marketing initiatives across all areas of the business, using the highest levels of innovation, integration, market-knowledge and performance focus for clients.
The role will encompass senior team management and direction, and acting as a consultant to the wider agency and clients on campaign development, deal negotiation (with creative, data and media partners) as well as overseeing the team’s project management of complex initiatives. They will be responsible for setting and achieving financial targets and ensuring profitability in the agency is under their remit.
- The role requires an exceptional leader with a self-starting attitude to create opportunities for clients and business
- Drive the volume and quality of projects/campaigns/partnerships across all media channels. To do this using the highest levels of innovation, integration and effectiveness for their clients.
- To work in a collaborative way with wider teams to ensure efficient briefing and brief response mechanisms, to recognise opportunities for team collaboration and deliver industry-leading integrated partnership responses.
- To assist the wider senior management team in defining and developing the role in the ideas and content space - being audience-first in approach.
- Act as the senior representative to the more junior team members. Working on strengths of members and delegating appropriately.
- Ensuring efficient finance booking
- Implementing timely timesheet reporting
- Keep a tight rein on cost-control and delivery assessment
- Put skills in place so that teams are able to build and negotiate scopes
- Negotiation and agreement on contracts
- Planning and delivery research
- Keep a close eye on performance and accountabilities
- Assist with Financial reporting, development of scopes and profitability reconciliation with the company board.
- Have the overall responsibility and accountability for reaching financial targets and ensuring profitability against their group of clients and new business targets
- Be the go-to person on integrated content marketing - from branded content to performance content. Build excellent relationships at a senior level including Client Partners, Business Directors and Senior Management
- Build strong, effective, advisory relationships with senior level client’s
- Take the lead in pitches for new business as and when required such as preparation and delivery of pitches
- Alongside the other MD’s build the national profile of the business, its client work with audience-first, content marketing at the forefront
If you are ready to take this step then apply today!