London Programme Corporate Development Manager
Job Title: London Programme Corporate Development Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive
Salary: GBP28,000 - GBP32,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full time, Monday-Friday with occasional weekend work
Contract: One year, subject to review
Location: Piccadilly Circus, with travel across London and occasional travel to the South West
Deadline: 30th October but interviews may take place with applicants before deadline
Key4Life's mission is to reduce youth re-offending in the UK, through the delivery of an innovative rehabilitation programme to young men (age 18-26) in prison, and a preventative programme to those at risk of prison.
61% of young offenders return to prison within one-year of release and only 15% of offenders secure employment within a year of leaving prison, contributing to the total cost of offending at GBP16 billion annually.
In contrast, less than 14% of Key4Life participants re-offend after 1 year and 64% are in employment. Furthermore, for every GBP1 invested in Key4Life the Social Return is a staggering GBP17.06.
Based in London, Bristol and Somerset, Key4Life supports young men who face multiple barriers to employment, including a criminal record, limited work experience and homelessness. Building on Founder and Chief Executive Eva Hamilton MBE's 30 years' experience in the sector, the Key4Life model is based on 3 pillars:
1) Unlocking negative behaviours that led to conviction (such as anger)
2) Employability support to gain work experience and secure a job
3) On-going support to hold down the job and reintegrate into community
The Role of Businesses
The charity receives outstanding support from the business community, including National Partners BT, BRIT Trust and Chaucer Insurance, in addition to Willis Towers Watson, Gaucho, CBRE, Leon, KPMG, Intercontinental Hotel and Social Pantry catering. Corporate supporters provide 3-day Work Tasters, jobs, space for workshops, and promote the opportunity to become a Key4Life Mentor to their employees.
Corporate Development (50%)
Making targeted approaches to new organisations and addressing how Key4Life meets the CSR of each company (through Work Tasters, mentor schemes, workshops).
You will be presenting Key4Life to prospective companies, using your existing connections with employers and pursuing leads.
Securing funding and donations from new Corporate Partners, attending pitches with Key4Life CEO
Account manage a range of existing and new partners from sectors including City and insurance firms, construction, fitness, hospitality and hotels.
In addition to corporates, you will join the Chief Executive to manage relationships with key stakeholders including the Met Police, Prison Governors and Council Leaders.
Overseeing employability workshops, for example securing a minimum of 10 companies to attend prison workshops and liaising with them on logistics.
Where necessary, researching and secure permanent employment, work experience, training and education for participants (ex-offenders).
Brokering meetings between companies and Key4Life participants, co-ordinating successful 3-day work tasters and identifying further opportunities with the company.
Co-ordinating monthly workshops at supporting employers.
Working with the Mentor Manager to report to companies on the status of their Mentors.
Programme Management (25%)
- Oversee the London programme by providing Line Manager support to the Programme Team to ensure KPI's are being met.
- For example ensuring a minimum of 70% of participants have completed a successful Work Taster within one month of their release from prison.
- Essential: Empathetic and non-judgmental individual with a passion for helping young people
- Essential: Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Essential: Understands the business community, ideally has experience working in corporate sector
- Essential: Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to get on well with a variety of people; from a participant on the Key4Life programme (ex-offender) to the CEO of a leading City of London corporate
- Essential: Good proven employment track record (3 years minimum in full-time employment)
- Essential: Flexible attitude as working hours can vary owing to the client group
- Desirable: Experience managing corporate charity partnerships either in the CSR team of a business or in a charity that receives funding from corporates
- Desirable: Experience in Recruitment/HR or CSR
- Desirable: Experience of the Criminal Justice sector
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV* (2-pages max) and a Covering Letter (2-pages max) to Sarah Farrell using the form below.
In your Cover Letter please tell us about 3 things:
How your experience to date has prepared you for this unique role
Your experience managing and motivating teams, and supporting colleagues with different experience levels
Your proven ability to work with individuals from the corporate sector (please provide evidence), the voluntary sector, and with disaffected young people who are hard to reach
* Please convert your Cover Letter and CV to a PDF before sending to ensure we can open them on our system.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Key4Life Team