Shift Plant Managers
One of the UK’s largest independent manufacturers of speciality organic chemicals is seeking 2 x Shift Plant Managers who will control the production for a specific group chemical manufacturing plants.
As the successful Shift Plant Manager, you will report to the Cell Manager, ensuring production and quality targets are met in a safe manner and take actions to ensure that the processes operate to budget. Providing production advice, you will be actively involved in maintaining plant operating efficiency, safety and environmental standards. You will also be responsible for effective staff allocation, training and discipline.
To be successful you will …….
- Degree qualified within Chemistry or Engineering,
- Experience of line management in fine or pharmaceutical or polymer chemical manufacture.
- You will need excellent planning, communication and people skills.
- Possess an excellent understanding of essential engineering requirements of a chemical plant is desirable
- Knowledge of quality and environmental management systems, manufacturing equipment control systems and COSHH in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Practical approach to problem solving and a good eye for detail, with the ability to work under pressure. IT literacy and commercial awareness are desirable skills.
Hours of work …………..
These roles will work a 4 on, 4 off pattern.
Working 10-hour shifts on days only 08:00 - 18:00 hours, with 200 hours annual leave entitlement.
Public holidays for this role are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, all other public holidays are incorporated in the shift pattern.