production/ maufacturing manager
Responsible for all aspects of Window Line, Door Line, Roof Line, Logistics and Stores processes.
- overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
- ensuring that the production is within the cost parameters;
- making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
- working out the human and material resources needed;
- drafting a timescale for the job;
- estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
- monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
- being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
- monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
- liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
- working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
- ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
- supervising and motivating a team of workers;
- reviewing worker performance;
- identifying training needs.
Involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. Involves dealing with people, particularly those who work in your team. Involved with product design and purchasing.