Cost Consultant - Senior Cost Consultant
Cost Consultant/Senior Cost Consultant; Leicester/Birmingham
30k -55k DOE, fab benefits
Looking for a different type of opportunity to develop and grow?
Our client is one of the most recognised consultancies in the world.
If you’re a Cost Consultant/Senior Cost Consultant who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join their Cost & Commercial Management team and you’ll discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box. In this role, you’ll provide Professional Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services to high profile public sector clients.
They are seeking to locate a career minded Cost Consultants to support their Education and Local Government teams. Due to sustained growth in capital projects from key clients for Cost Management services including prestigious clients across Leicester and Birmingham.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. Successful candidates will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
• Provide support to Team Leaders, Service Leaders and Senior Cost Consultants in the delivery of Educational led developments; carry day-to-day delivery responsibility and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
• Assist in the coaching and development of subordinate team members in the delivery of service excellence.
• Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
• Utilise and embed best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery.
• Be able to interpret a brief from a client or senior manager and convert same into a delivery plan.
• Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of small / medium sized projects or significant components of larger Cost Management assignments.
• Understand and comply with business risk and project delivery parameters including compliance in respect scopes of service agreed by others.
• Capture and share knowledge and be involved with the development of service improvement and innovation.
• Be a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role as part of persona development planning.
What You have to Offer:
• MRICS or working towards chartership
• Candidate to be able to demonstrate, having taken a substantial role in delivery of medium to large projects (£10m to £100m+), ideally with experience of Education and Local Government clients.
• Excellent pre and post contract technical cost and commercial management skills
• Articulate in written and oral communication.
• Excellent prioritisation and self-management skills and ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• An in depth knowledge of different construction processes.
• Strong knowledge and record of accomplishment in the application of IT based solutions
What they Offer:
They offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
They offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits.
We have many roles of this nature in the UK so feel free to contact us in the strictest of confidence.