Formulation Chemist - cleaning products
Science Solutions are currently recruiting for a Formulation Chemist for a leading manufacturer of vehicle cleaning and care products based in the midlands.
- Develop products and projects in accordance with brief to time, cost and technical quality.
- Ensure the technical integrity of a product brief, specification and project plan. Liaise with marketing, production and purchasing to ensure the specification meets the brief. Ensure project stakeholders are provided with all the technical information that could affect a project brief.
- Devise test methods that allow verification and validation of physical and performance aspects of the product brief. Provide training to the product development technicians and document test methods in line with company ISO policies.
- Document work following company ISO policies and produce technical reports as required supporting the commercial teams.
- Partner with the production team for new product scale up, product improvements and quality metrics.
- Actively participate in project review and product launch meetings.
- Meet and communicate with raw material suppliers as per project and research requirements.
- Work with the purchasing team and follow company ISO procedures on raw material and cost saving projects.
- Ensure the marketing team are aware of anything technical that may impact the product range including new technology, innovative ideas, competitor activities and legislation.
- Provide direct technical support to the franchisee network, customer services and sales teams.
Knowledge and experience:
- Chemistry, Science or Materials based qualification (Higher Education level)
- Surfactant, detergent, emulsion and formulation chemistry knowledge
- Knowledge of formulating Industrial and Institutional cleaners
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76007815