Workshop Technician required on a contract basis to join an industry leading automotive business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of automotive technology? Do you have a background working in a vehicle development environment or are you currently working in a service / garage environment but keen to use your skills in a different way? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
You will provide a skilled support service to the workshop team, being the focal point of day to day activities. You will prepare and maintain engineering / fleet cars, to assist with the assembly and fitment of vehicle instrumentation for test / development vehicles. Ensure that all necessary records are complete, conducting TPM and daily checks in a timely manner and works in accordance with H&S legislation.
37 hours per week, based on a working week of Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday 08:00am to 16:45pm and Friday 08:00am to 12:00pm.
- Responsible for routine servicing and repairs to vehicles
- Should be aware of Health and Safety and cleanliness within the establishment
- Maintaining accurate records / job cards in particular
- Involvement in build and conversion activities
- Liaising with CoC's / engineers
- Monitor consumables and parts stock
- Keep abreast of modern processes and equipment (working methodologies)
- Clearly interpret and action engineers requirements / drawings
- Compile teardown and benchmark competitor data from vehicles
- Ensuring scheduled maintenance on tools / equipment and vehicles
- Must have extensive workshop experience in mechanical and/or electrical fitting
- Should have comprehensive vehicle knowledge
- Should possess good communication skills
- Clearly interpret and action engineers requirements
- Should be process driven and fully responsible for quality
- Have a good organisational approach and understand all activities within the area
- Should be able to work on their own initiative
- Understanding of appropriate Health and Safety requirements
- Computer literate
- Familiarity with Operators requirements including Tachographs
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required - full training will be provided by the company
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading automotive business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.