Principal Engineer - Power Electronics
We have the pleasure of working with a global power electronic solutions manufacturer based in Newcastle to source a Principal Engineer. This will be a great opportunity for a talented Senior Engineer to join a growing organisation who operate on a Global scale.
This role is offering a great salary package, along with a generous relocation package to Newcastle for candidates based elsewhere in the UK and also candidates living abroad. The client also offer sponsorship for Non EU applications.
Newcastle has been recently recognised as a thriving tech sector of the North East of England, which has been rated higher than both London and Manchester. The North East has had a 25% growth in tech businesses in the past 5 years and this is predicted to continue to grow. Along with boasting a strong working industry, the North East is home to cultural quayside cities and beautiful North Sea beaches. You can discover cosmopolitan Newcastle and Gateshead museums and galleries for a dose of its Roman heritage, cross neon footbridges between redeveloped quays, or chant with the `Toon Army` at a Magpies football game - you'll soon feel like a true Geordie. Take a look at the following link if you`d like to find out more - things-to-do/tyne-and-wear.
- The Principal Engineer will lead a team and have full responsibility for the overall design of Power Electronic Products and Projects.
- Ensure project is delivered in a timely manner and meet the financial requirements defined by the company tendered budget.
- Act as a professional technical interface and articulate communications effectively between the company and the client.
- Working in line with the required bid and ensure customer demands and expectations are met.
- Create the system functional description for the design project and delegate responsibilities to the team and oversee the correct development of the design.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure all project deliverables are line with requirements and potential risks are identified and managed effectively.
- Manage the technical work packages allocated to the project delivery team.
- Approve all documentation, component specifications and internal technical procedures.
- Co-ordinate the production of all presentation material and supporting & deliverable documents for all major design reviews
- Attend and present design review materials at the customer sites.
- Provide advice on all aspects of design and engineering to other senior managers and staff to ensure effective decision making.
- Support all quality initiatives proposed and utilised by the company.
- Work in line with the company`s Health and Safety policy, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Candidates will hold a Degree in Electronic Engineering (or related field).
- A post graduate qualification such as a PhD or a Master`s Degree or a Member of IET or a Chartered Engineer.
- Strong design and test experience of Power Electronic Converters (AC:AC, DC:DC, DC:AC) and/or Motor Drives.
- The ability to demonstrate experience using simulation tools including Matlab/Simulink.
- Solid knowledge of Power Electronics Design, Analogue and Systems Engineering, Digital Electronics, System Simulation, Embedded Systems and Control Engineering. Knowledge of EMC standards and mitigation through design.
- Knowledge of microprocessor control, software development, thermal design and specification of electromagnetic assemblies.
- Strong leadership skills with experience of guiding and motivating a multi-skilled engineering team.
- Capable of determining a strategic technical direction and ensuring the team are working in line with the desired strategy.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required, both written and verbal.
This is a permanent position working a minimum of 37hrs per week, the role is offering a competitive salary with good company benefits, along with a great relocation package to Newcastle.
The person to contact for this role will be Michael O`Neill, he can be contacted on .