Forklift Drivers / Goods in Assistants
Forklift Drivers / Goods in Assistants (temporary)
A family business with a current annual turnover of over £15 million, currently have an exciting opportunity for a Forklift Driver / Goods in Assistant to join their busy team.
As a Forklift Driver / Goods in Assistant you will be joining a company with a culture of fun and innovation, where we provide opportunities for achievement, and value the contribution of every single person.
Although the Forklift Driver / Goods in Assistant role is initially a temporary contract for the Christmas period, there is a strong chance that the role could become permanent in January should you meet qualifying criteria.
Your role as a Forklift Driver/Goods In Assistant is to help take in deliveries, check in stock and store them in our warehouse bulk locations using our stock management system to ensure stock is located in the most appropriate locations. You will also be required to help replenish shelves, taking stock from bulk locations to pick locations. You may also be required to help out in a range of other duties to ensure the smooth running of the warehouse.
What will my main duties be?
- Unload and check in deliveries against delivery notes
- Driving Forklifts to locate and store goods on our bulk racking locations
- Replenish stock in picking area as required
- Load packed customer orders onto courier vehicles
- Help out in other areas when required
What do I need?
- Counterbalance Forklift experience and/or Narrow Aisle Man Up experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail
- Positive outlook and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Flexibility to help out in any area that helps with the smooth running of the warehouse
What can we do for you?
- In house training if your license needs renewing
- A chance for a permanent position in January
- Opportunity to win prizes for hitting targets
- A great working environment with great people
- Staff discounts on all products featured on the website
Hours of work
- Sept & Oct: Mon – Fri : 8.30am to 4.30pm or 9am to 5pm
- From mid-November : 6am to 2pm shift or 2pm to 10pm shift
- 4th December : A 10pm to 6am shift will be added (this pays an additional 20% shift supplement).
- We will also be working weekends from mid - November up to Christmas.
- Weekend only work also available from mid November
- £8.50 to £10.20 per hour dependent on shift (for counterbalance forklift drivers)
- £8.75 to £10.50 per hour dependent on shift (for VNA forklift drivers)
- Overtime is paid for hours exceeding 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Sunday. OT must be agreed in advance.
About the Company
"Set up in 2000 from a bedroom, we are a privately owned family business with a current annual turnover of over £15 million. We achieve strong year on year growth by continuous improvement across all areas of the business. We support a culture of fun and innovation, where we provide opportunities for achievement, and value the contribution of every single person. We have a supportive culture where we ask all staff to uphold the company’s core values to make a positive difference to the working environment. We only take on nice people! We compete in a highly competitive environment with companies such as Amazon and Argos and it’s our incredible staff that allow us to do this."
How to Apply
Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and the company will be in direct contact. If you do not have a CV please attach a short covering letter and the company will contact you by email with their details so that you can complete an application form. Good luck!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76171486