Sales Executive - Events and Conferences
Sales Executive / Account Executive / Events / Conferences / Business Development / Event Management / Account Manager
Sales Executive with a Full UK Driving License, and ideally with previous events experience or a degree in Events Management or similar, is needed for our client, a well-established events company based in the Midlands and London. They specialise in organising and delivering a vast range of corporate events - from conferences and team building, to gala awards dinners and themed parties. They are proud to have been voted 'Best Event Provider' at the 2017 M&IT Awards.
They are seeking to appoint a Sales Executive join their sales team at their Midlands office based in Staffordshire. This role would suit someone currently working in a Venue Sales Office or an Events Agency, who is looking to take the next step in their career.
- Handling incoming enquiries from potential clients and creating quotations and proposals
- Converting these incoming enquiries into confirmed bookings & live events
- Handling all organisational & administrative arrangements with the client for booked Events - from initial enquiry stage right the way through to post event follow up
- Maintaining regular contact with existing and potential clients to develop further sales
This job will be office based, Monday to Friday. Flexibility will however be necessary for on-going training and when they are organising larger or more complex Events.
- Confident telephone manner
- Office skills
- Aptitude for sales
- Lively, tenacity and total commitment to first class customer service
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise your work
- Ability to work without constant direction
- Self-motivated and commitment to your career
- Smart appearance
- Ability to work under pressure in busy times and work to tight deadlines set out by clients
- Full UK Driving License
- A Degree in Event Management or similar, or alternatively 1-3 years' experience in events or a venue would be an advantage but not a pre-requisite for the right person
Salary: £15,000 - £18,500 basic per annum, depending on skills and experience + bonus
- Company bonus scheme, up to 10% of annual salary
- Mobile phone allowance
- Holiday entitlement is 20 days increasing to 25 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
Progression within the company is dependent on both company and individual performance. However usually the next step from this role is to progress towards Account Manager level, requiring more involvement and responsibility for bespoke events and office based business development.
Regular training is provided on their newly created events which most recently have been activities such as Beatboxing, Zorb Ball Racing and entering their giant inflatable Crystal Dome!
To apply for the Sales Executive position, please forward your CV for immediate consideration. (Previous applicants need not re-apply)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76192452