Transport Shift Manager
BJD Group has been engaged to find a high calibre and ambitious Transport Shift Manager, for a blue chip 3PL running an automotive contract. The position is based at their Distribution Centre in Birmingham, with a salary of between £30,000 - £35,000 plus benefits.
The working hours are rotating days, lates and nights. So flexibility is a must!
A market leading 3PL provided on a dedicated contract.
As Transport Shift Manager your will lead a team of drivers ensuring that the distribution team operates safely, providing the highest level of service to customers, whilst ensuring the operations are optimised as efficiently as possible.
You will also be a key part of the management team driving key efficiencies and improving driving and safety standards. You will also be heavily responsible for the man management, accident investigation, sickness, absence, G&D etc.
Your other responsibilities include:
- Organise your driver team and fleet of c 50vehicles and 70 drivers via 5 supervisors to ensure adequate staffing and performance levels are achieved and that the transport operations achieves customer service levels
- Monitor and analysis vehicle and performance data to ensure achievement of performance targets and identify improvement opportunities
- Ensure the transport operation runs safely and is compliant with all relevant regulations.
- Effective planning and utilising the fleet to it's maximum potential
- Effective driver de-briefing.
- Liaising with various other sites to ensure optimum efficiency.
To apply for the position of Transport Shift Manager, you must already have gained management experience with in a transport operation. You will have passion for customer service and an engaging management style. You must also possess.
- National/International CPC holder
- Expert knowledge of transport legislation
- Experience of managing change projects & process improvements
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Transport Management Systems.
Package and Prospects
On offer is a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 + contributory pension. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful and established business at key stage in their operational development.
Based in Birmingham it is commutable from
As the leading Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing and Production recruitment specialist we provide a range of services tailored to deliver resourcing solutions to clients needs.
If you are interested please phone quoting Reference CC/011116
Not the right role for you? On the web site you will find this and many other exclusive management opportunities in Logistics, Supply Chain, E-Commerce, Purchasing and Production.
Tell a friend. Please feel free to pass this to a relevant person who can View and apply via our website.
Our award winning website contains unique and invaluable career development information plus a candidate controlled Auto Email facility that will send you details of vacancies that match your pre-selected criteria as soon as they are placed on the site. Visit bjdgroup.com to set up your free subscription now.