Acorn Recruitment is recruiting for an experienced Laboratory Technician for our long standing client based in Wolverhampton.
The purpose of the role is to provide an effective service for customers and sales staff for all customers; ensuring the local activities are co-ordinated and the internal and external customer have a resolution. This service entails production of urgent bespoke colour manufacture and resolving technical issues or problems that may arise.
- To oversee that the products dispatched meet the customer's specification and Q. C. standards are regularly audited.
- Ensure effective liaison with the sales desk, production and account managers to ensure all activities are co-ordinated.
- Ensure all laboratory samples are rotated on a 12 month rolling schedule
- Some support of the production area may be required, for which full training will be given.
- Support the production site and technical department with technical based information on suitability of products for substitution if and when required.
- To effectively report to the technical co-ordination manager the activities within the department weekly.
- Provide a clean, safe and effective working environment to a standard exceeding the expectation of the customer.
- Ensure ALL customers (internal and external) receive the best possible service in terms of answers to complaint and queries and information requirements.
- To advise of short term possible solutions to out of stock problems.
Education and experience:
- Extensive experience within the printing ink industry in a laboratory, ideally with experience in production and colour matching/customer service departments.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with good problem solving ability.
- Very good Customer Service skills.
- Computer literate
- The applicant must be flexible in their approach to work, prepared to travel and sometimes work away from home.
The role is Temporary to Permanent over a 12 week period and covers a 37.5 hour working week.
For more information please contact Wrexham Acorn Recruitment.