Salary: £19,788 to £29,522 DOE
Location: Nuneaton, West Midlands
An exciting requirement for a Technicianhas arisen to work with a world class, independent engineering consultancy, operating in multiple locations around the world, to support vehicle manufacturers and their supply chain with cutting-edge engineering and testing expertise.
The role of Technician is preparing vehicles, and site components for the Highway Safety & Protection of Infrastructure Test Centre (HSPI). The Technician must be qualified to City and Guilds in Mechanical Engineering and hold a Full UK Licence.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Supporting with the preparation of vehicles and components for safety & security testing. Products tested range from airbags and seat belts, cars, vans to road side barriers/gantries/sign- posts. Key aspects of the role will involve working alongside existing qualified staff to gain experience in:
- Installing and preparing test rigs, customers parts refit, and full vehicle preparation (draining, ballasting, painting)
- Fit transducers for gathering data
- Setting up data acquisition equipment and downloading post test
- Setting up high speed digital camera equipment and downloading post test
- Setting up of test site ready for testing (winch cable and anchor plates deployment) and de- prep of the test site post test
- Supporting with facility maintenance.
Experience / Qualifications:
Essential experience for this role includes;
- Research and development work
- Working in a mechanical environment
- Computer awareness
Preferred experience for this role includes;
- High speed camera work
- Fork Lift Truck Licence
- Crane Licence
Essential skills for this role include;
- Familiarity with vehicle mechanics
- Capable of thinking on the job and easily adapt to changing situations
- Self-motivated with a high level of organisation skills
- Proactive with maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team
- Effective communication skills as the role involves working with senior customer personnel
- Ability to think outside the box to contribute to developing unique tests for specialist product tests
Essential qualifications for this role include;
- City and Guilds – Mechanical
- Driving Licence
Preferred qualifications for this role include;
- HNC – Engineering related subject
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.